Sunday, September 15, 2013

The New Weird

Where is the future of horror headed? With this blog post I have to come clean about my consumption of horror movies and books. Before taking this class I had probably seen five horror movies, total. That being said I still feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the basic archetypes of horror. The new weird however was something totally new to me, and I really enjoyed watching the cabin in the woods, that movie was awesome. Now, where do I think horror movies are going? Here is my un educated call. It seems to me that with the technological revolution going where it is, voyeuristic movies like paranormal activities will rise and have been rising in popularity. The idea that we all have these cell phones that can take pictures and access the internet we will soon be able to record every moment of our lives. For this reason I think those movies seem very real to us, this idea goes back to the blair witch project in my eyes. I also feel like the future is a very popular idea among movie goers. Even outside of the horror movie realm this idea is true. Not only end of the world type movies but ideas of space travel or utopian society are topics among conversation with my friends and other young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment