Friday, December 6, 2013


CyberPunk

            
Knowing about the movie Tank Girl was enough for me to get amped about cyber punk. I have known about that movie since I was an early teen so I guess I have been semi familiar with the genre for some time now.  A heroic ‘badass’ type female character based in a futuristic post apocalyptic world is enough to get anyone’s gears grinding. This movie has been a favorite of mine since early adolescence.
            
Neuromancer was not what I was expecting however. Although I am so familiar with the cyberpunk genre neuromancer really took me into the heart of the genre. If Tank Girl was a drizzle Neuromancer was a hurricane and I can say that I enjoyed this story two to three times as much. I could sit here and drone on about the story and why Neuromancer was ‘badass’ to me or I could just say that this story was highly entertaining and I would recommend it to anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment